Highlights of Economics Explained in 2019
This episode presents highlights of Economics Explained in 2019, including John Quiggin on climate change, Nicholas Gruen on digital public goods, and Leonora Risse on the gender pay gap, among other highlights.
Use these timestamps to jump right to the highlights:
- 3:55 – Quiggin on the relevance of the two lessons in economics for responding to climate change;
- 8:55 – Craig Lawrence on cost-benefit analysis;
- 12:20 – Di Johnson on personal finance, particularly buying a house or unit;
- 15:05 – Brendan Markey-Towler on behavioural economics;
- 17:50 – Nicholas Gruen on digital public goods illustrated with 23andMe example;
- 21:45 – Andreas Chai on Randomized Controlled Trials in poverty alleviation;
- 25:23 – Rebecca Archer on the media in this age of digital disruption;
- 26:54 – Darren Brady Nelson on the gig economy;
- 28:44 – Pascalis Raimondos on multinational tax avoidance; and
- 31:02 – Leonora Risse on the gender pay gap.